The module is set up to allow the administration and management of all types of admissions, enrolments, scholarships, candidature management and theses examination for Higher Degree Research students. It includes the facility to record all phases of these processes and the passing of data between the many different groups who have to handle the process and the data.
The system includes the capacity for interfacing with the user's dedicated student management system (SMS), particularly the thesis examination and degree conferral functions and includes an alerting system for all staff whose principal role is with the SMS.
This enables the sort of complex workflow, which allows constant communication between disparate groups, the lack of which bedevils this functional area.
Key data elements stored in the system are:
- The master student file together with the HDR organisational structure for the Institution
- Processing and assessment of scholarship applications and subsequent administration of scholarship payments are also supported through the new HDR module
- Monitoring and recording of thesis examination results
- Data relating to conferral of degrees, theses and examinations
- Workflow associated with the nomination of examiners, submission and evaluation of theses
- Management of application forms and processes online
- Online alerts for students of data required from them
- Document management and tracking to make all parts of the process transparent
- Using IRMA's configuration options and the security sub-system, this module may be used to allow to staff, examiners and HDR candidates to access various sections of the system based on the specific needs of the Institution.